Thursday 4 March 2010

Red light, Portsmouth Tuesday 2nd March 2010 9:40pm

From email correspondence:-

I was out side waiting for my partner to come home from work at 9.40 pm when I saw a red light come over the houses from the south, it got brighter, then shot away in a V shape south again. My partner saw it disappear as she just stepped out of the car at that time

I noticed it coming over the house tops infront of me coming from the south to north (about 2 o'clock on a clock face) at 9.40pm, It was a red light that got brighter and brighter, it seemed to stop, then it looked like it was going away at quiet a speed north (11 o'clock on a clock face), it got dimmer and dimmer then vanished. It was quite a clear night at the time, and it seemed to go into space amongst the stars if that makes any sense.....? I am surprised no one made any references to this, as it looked like it went close to portsdown hill, there must have been loads of people up there getting burgers etc. The other half did see this dissapear luckily. I will try to sort out my camcorder, so I get anything, I will contact you.